Only 5% of women have the type of bodies we see in ads. Blogger Jes Baker teamed up with photographer Liora K to give attention to the other 95%.
The project is all about each person's beauty and uniqueness, Liora K says:
What I really wanted the women to get out of our time (how ever brief) together was that they were IMPORTANT. That their bodies deserved to be seen, that what they perceive as faults are simply THEM, and are neither right nor wrong. That showing their bodies won’t innately cause them harm. That their breasts won’t cause damage to those around them, or their bellies or thighs either. That their nudity, while making them vulnerable, does not make them at fault. And that lastly, their bodies are their vehicles through life, and to treat them with kindness. I hope that came across.
You can read more in this piece from Huffington Post.
Comparing ourselves with other people is usually what makes us feel bad about ourselves. But a project like this takes away some of the facade and secrecy and shows that under the clothes and the fears, perfection is a myth and we are all real, unique, beautiful...